Commitment to Care for June 2023
What do you already do?
What can you add to your own water conservation?
What can you influence your workplace to support?
Tip 1: Do not let water run while doing tasks
- You can shut off water while you are brushing your teeth or shaving.
- For kitchen dishes, pots, pans, etc., that you may need to wash by hand, you can do all the washing in soapy sink water and then rinse all at once instead of continually running water to rinse each piece.
- You can shut off hose water between watering jobs.
Tip 2: Wash dishes and laundry using full instead of partial loads.
Tip 3: Install low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators
Tip 4: Save even more water in the shower
- You can take a shower instead of a bath.
- You can shower less often.
- You can shorten your shower to 5 minutes less.
Tip 5: Repair faucet leaks and toilet runs immediately
- Leaks inside your toilet can lose up to 200 gallons/day of water. To test whether you have a leak, you can use toilet tank leak-detecting tablets.
Bozeman, MT offers water customers a free tracking portal called Dropcountr for home water use. Get started at www.dropcountr.com/bozeman to track water usage. Saving water also means saving money.